Thursday, February 14, 2013

Will You Be My: Behind the Scenes

I don't know where I'll be without my Wedding Fairies. Seriously! Aleq and I are so lucky to have Lek and Clang. We think up stuff, they execute, and we all have fun while doing it too.

After the Save-the-Date project came the Will-You-Be-My project. A and I wanted to take asking our entourage a step further, and thought we would just formalize it with cards. Well, those cards were no joke to make! Lek and Clang came over last January 19, and we ended up working all day and staying up all night.

I wanted my bridesmaid cards to include sketches of the dresses. I also wanted a card that would detail the bridesmaids' "duties", as well as provide them a peg for their shoes. A, on the other hand, wanted his groomsman cards to be non-emo and totally dude. Plus he wanted the set of cards to include a Magic: The Gathering card with a peg the groomsmen could use so they know their suit and shirt colors and also to tell them that we are providing the ties.

We took inspiration from Pinterest of course, and found a way to do the cards with our theme. The fiance came up with the Magic card (he used the FalseBlue Magic Card Generator), while I came up with some rhymes to this text I found online, and switched up the words here and there to make them more me (there are a lot of versions out there). I told Lek and Clang what I wanted in terms of layout and such, and they Photoshopped designs like it was nothing. The printing part was the hardest! The pencil sketches looked too faint and those darn Magic cards wouldn't print back-to-back at first. In the end, we got through it! Thank you so much Lek and Clang! Now on to our next projects!

A and I are no slave drivers haha. We make sure Lek and Clang are well-fed - that's actually part of our verbal contract, that we feed them every time LOL. Bacon and spinach Tuscany pizza from Pizza Hut FTW!

Behold my stack of wedding mags.

We need a large craft punch for one of our DIY projects, but we don't have those here, so Clang found one at a Hong Kong night market! She is awesome.

@klangyow

@_lekers

Clang's pasalubong from HK - a tin of Danish cookies!

Dinner was barbecue and rice from Three Sisters. Always so good.

Happy soon-to-be bride me

Going crazy at the end of the night, erm, morning. Look, they even came in uniform! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment