Monday, February 18, 2013

A Day with My Girls

Last January 20, I spent a day with my girls - specifically, my bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid, flower girl, and my future mother-in-law. The dressmaker had to take their measurements, and my brilliant sis-in-law, Ate Weng, thought of inviting them over to her and my brother's house in Marikina. We all met up at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Araneta and convoyed to the house.

It was a lot of fun having everyone there! Most of my girls actually know each other already (they somehow met at my Yellow Pad and my parties over the years), but I'm glad the ones who didn't know each other do now. Ate Weng and Kuya Manny prepared a feast for us. There was baked mac, bopis, sweet and sour fish, laing, gising gising, sinigang na hipon, and fruit salad. It was funny because we were going to get measured for our dresses, and our tummies were so full! I also gave them my Will You Be My cards that day and we discussed what shoes they needed to get, what kind of jewelry, how their hair should look, etc. The meetup was a really great idea because I got to address everyone's questions in one go. Oh and our junior groomsman and ring bearer were there too, so that was really cool as well.

Thank you so much to my girls (aka my official beeyatches haha) Lek, Hazel, Sheva, Cielo, Mel, also to Aleq's mom Tita Inty and cousin Aielle, plus my cousin Ate Bing and kids Cyrene, Kyle, Carlos for giving me a bit of their time today. Thanks as well to my friends' hubbies JP and Felix, and also to Kuya Edgar, my dressmaker, for going all the way to Marikina. Most of all, thanks to my sis-in-law Ate Weng, my bro Kuya Manny, and nephew Rein for organizing and hosting this mini-party - they're the best! We missed you, Sheila, Emz, and Hilda!

Aielle, our Junior Bridesmaid and Aleq's cousin, in front of the food smorgasbord, heh.

I love my Kuya and Ate's house. So cute, and I say this even if I hate the color green!

Haha caught the boys mid-chew. That's the fiance, Aleq, with our bridesmaid Melissa, and her husband, JP.

With my best gals, Matron of Honor Hazel, Bridemaid Cielo, and Veil Sponsor Sheva.

My future mother-in-law Tita Inty, Aielle again, and my cousin/Bridesmaid/Wedding Fairy Lek

Getting my measurements for my reception dress - eeep!

Hazel's turn

With my nephew and ring bearer, Carlos! He came because his sister was getting her measurements done, and he was asking when his turn was. Aw.

My nephew and Junior Groomsman Rejn showing the fiance and his wedding partner Aielle stuff on his PSP.

Mocha Rocha! As if the fruit salad dessert wasn't enough.

Ate Weng with my cousin Ate Bing and her kids, Carlo, Flower Girl Kyle, and Cyrene

Aielle getting measured. This kid is so tall. Her jeans were only bought 3 months ago and she's outgrown them already. Hope she doesn't outgrow her dress length!

Kyle, my goddaughter, niece, and Flower Girl

Tita Inty had some changes done to her initial dress design. Edgar also adjusted some stuff upon seeing the girls in person.

The girls - Lek, Aielle, Mel, Hazel, Kyle, Ate Bing, Cyrene, Ate Weng, Sheva, Cielo, me, Tita Inty

The guys - JP, Kuya Edgar, Kuya Manny, Rein, Aleq, Carlos

The would-be groom and bride

Ate Weng wanted a pic of us with her Venus haha. All in all, a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment