Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Wedding Shoes

So darn perfect!

I'm so happy right now, I'm going to ramble on and on about this for sure. Don't say I didn't warn you! It's because I got my wedding shoes today! It's actually a long story, so here we go.

When I got engaged last April, these Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Lady Dragon shoes immediately came to mind. My personal style is pretty modern, and I can be somewhat unconventional with my fashion choices. I've always liked Melissa shoes and have been waiting for the perfect first purchase, plus, Vivienne Westwood is one of my favorite designers. What initially drew me to these shoes was the design though - they're quirky, but the heart shape is just adorable for a wedding. The shoes are also made of plastic, which I thought was just so far-out for a wedding that they were so attractive to me, but they also have a super sexy shape, and a comfortable heel height. The thing is, I never knew they were actually being used in weddings. I only found out recently, when I thought to search for it on the Internet in connection to weddings. It actually made it to OMG I'm Getting Married's Top 10 Wedding Shoes list. So I guess I'm not THAT weird, right? Hah! Anyway, I knew they came out in the country around February, before my boy's proposal, but I still immediately started checking the stores that carried Melissa shoes here.

It's now February, which means I've been going to the stores for 10 months. I've also been looking at online stores. No dice. I started losing hope. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was doing my usual shoe check at Geleia in Megamall (one of the stores that carry Melissa shoes here) and bam! It was there. I was floored. I actually wanted a different colorway, but seeing that particular colorway there made me change my mind. The color combination still went with our theme, but it also went well with a white dress. I didn't try them on that night. I needed to think the colorway over and sleep on it.

Around midnight, I couldn't get the shoes out of my mind. Finally seeing them in person made me realize that I made the right decision. These were the only shoes I wanted. The next morning, the boy and I went back to Megamall first thing so I could get the shoes. I asked for my size straightaway, and then I tried them on, barely able to contain my excitement. I saw that they were beautiful on my feet, but my usual size looked too big. They weren't uncomfortable but I was worried that it would look weird in the wedding pictures. So I asked for a 7, but they said didn't have any other sizes for that particular colorway. I asked them to call their other stores to ask if they had my size, and they actually didn't have the colorway I wanted anymore. I was heartbroken. The shoes looked too big on me. Needless to say, I didn't get them that day.

Knowing that they actually exist here, in Manila, Philippines gave me hope though. The problem was that these shoes are limited edition, as they're a designer collaboration, plus they're from at least a couple of seasons ago. I finally revealed my shoe choice to my friends (even if the shoes HAVE been in my Pinterest wedding board for months, heh) so they could help me look for them, and I even reached out to friends and family in Singapore in case they manage to find the shoes over there. Still no dice. I started considering other options. I checked other shoe stores and even considered other Melissa shoes like the Incense II and the Prism. The Wedding Fairies and the fiance were very optimistic though. A even told me to just keep checking the stores and be ready to purchase as soon as I find the shoes.

Tonight I worked out at my gym in Megamall, then decided to make my usual check while waiting for A. I asked the sales assistant if they had sizes, and she recognized me from my visit two weeks ago because I told her then that I wanted the shoes for my wedding. She regretfully said no and they still only had the last stock, but she urged me to try the shoes again, this time with their clear gel pads. I loved the shoes so much, I gave in. I was surprised to find them really tight when I tried it with the pads! I then tried them without the pads and they looked way better than before. The sales lady said it might be because it was morning when I tried them last time. She's right. How did I forget that feet swell and I should always try on shoes in the late afternoon to evening when they've reached their full size? I was starting to hope, but I wanted to be sure. I walked in them and they were comfy. The straps were actually just right. I was only worried about the length in the back. I asked to try a different colorway in size 7, just to check. I was again surprised that there was very little difference between it and the size 8. The 7 also has some space in the back, which the sales ladies explained were really the design of the shoe, so that the feet would be comfortable and have space to breathe.

Sneaky, blurry pic of me at Geleia earlier.

Well, after all of that, I got the shoes! They are ah-mah-zing, as Penny from Happy Endings would say. I am so so so happy. I cannot wait to wear them when I marry Aleq!

p.s. Sorry, no pictures yet! I can't decide if I should post them or not, so I just posted a pic of the box, teehee.

Update: The shoes were priced at P5,999, and I was actually paying them that amount when the sales assistants frowned at the barcode scanner and cash register. It said P3,000. They called the Trinoma branch where the shoes were from because the branch was renovating and moved some stuff over to Megamall (imagine that, so meant to be) and Trinoma said it was really that. They wanted to make sure because it's a pretty big amount if it gets deducted from their salaries but they couldn't contact their warehouse that night. So I paid P3,000 and they asked me to leave my number so they could contact me the next day. Well the next day, they texted me and it really was P3,000! 50% off, probably because it was last stock, and from seasons ago. It was really really really meant to be! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment