Monday, February 18, 2013

Suit Designer - Check!

I've been telling stories about my side of things, but it's time I tell the boy's stories too. Aleq is really busy with work though, so it's up to me to post things.

So as you know, designer Edwin Uy and his team are making my wedding gown. The fiance checked out their suits before, but took his time deciding on his suit-maker because he just wanted to be sure about what he wanted. Last January 7, he finally decided and went with Edwin Uy too.

We headed there after one really hectic day at the office so we got there really late, but assistant designer Jeon and the rest of the team were still able to accommodate us. They're awesome. I didn't take pics when Jeon was taking my measurements anymore, but I did take pics of Aleq's suit swatches.

Navy without flash (it was dark in the showroom)

Navy with flash

Orange swatch for the tie

Looking good

He's going with a navy blue suit with a white shirt and an orange tie. The Edwin Uy package is really great because they're providing the entire five-piece ensemble - coat, vest, pants, shirt, tie - at the cost that other suit-makers charge for just a three-piece one. [Note: This is at the groom's price  though - more expensive than a normal suit.] And because we're really not into buttonieres, we asked Jeon how much it would cost to have a pocket square made that matches the tie, and if they could do it. Jeon was so excited because they've never done that before, and he threw it in for free! I think he's also making Aleq a navy blue tie as a back-up and for the reception or something. Edwin Uy - awesome. Aleq and I are also so excited about how it's all going to turn out! So yeah, suit designer: done.

No comments:

Post a Comment