Friday, April 12, 2013

My Surprise Bachelorette Party

I thought last Saturday was going to be another ordinary day of running wedding errands, but no, my fabulous girl friends surprised me with a bridal shower! The little liars! Haha. I really wasn't expecting anything at all because I knew everyone was busy, my friends aren't obligated to throw me one, and I was actually okay with not having it. The fiance had his bachelor party a couple weeks prior (more on that when I get pictures), but his friends planned it months before. So, I really did not expect or suspect anything when I didn't hear from my friends.

Then a week before last Saturday, my matron of honor Hazel texted about dinner at Tender Bob's Shang for Saturday. I thought "Okay. We're just going to have a nice, girly dinner, yay!" Then I didn't hear from her or any of my other girl friends after that. The next text I got was Saturday, when Hazel texted me the time. 7pm. That was it. So I planned a meetup with one of my bridesmaids, Cielo later that day because she has been bugging me for a shopping date since I've been on a shopping ban for the wedding the entire year. Aleq and I had our gown and suit fittings that morning at Edwin Uy, and then we had a very late lunch at Kimono Ken before my meetup with Cielo. Then Cielo came, we walked around a bit but ended up just having coffee and sharing a crepe at Dome. She started talking to me about how she didn't like the bridal shower venue - Tender Bob's - because she had a bad memory that happened there. I just told her why she didn't tell Hazel, the known organizer, about it, and she said she was just shy. Then my veil sponsor Sheva texted me if she could sleep over at the Yellow Pad after and I said yes, and then she arrived at Shang and told me she couldn't sleep over after all. I said ok without really thinking about it. Then she asked me if I really liked Tender Bob's, because she said it's such a normal thing for me since I eat there a lot, and she thought it wasn't that special of a venue for my bridal shower. I again wondered why she didn't tell Hazel about it, or suggested other venues when she was contacted. She then suggested going to Cafe 1771 at El Pueblo since we could at least have wine there. I said ok, whatever you guys want is fine with me. Then Hazel arrived, they asked her about games, and she said she prepared some that we could do in a restaurant, and then we worked out logistics for the change of venue pretty quickly. Cielo said her driver would just come back for the other girls that Hazel got in touch with and we could go ahead. So we hopped into her car and Sheva said she had a present for me. She then pulled out a sleeping mask, took my glasses off and put the mask on me. I readily put it on to humor her because it was her gift. She asked me to keep it on till the venue, and I said that was silly because I knew where we were going. She said we could pretend I didn't know. Yes, I'm that gullible.

So I stayed happily blindfolded until the car stopped and we got off the car. I knew I only had to make a couple of steps before I was off the sidewalk and inside Cafe 1771 anyway so I was okay with the blindfold. And then we walked a few more steps and I realized - wait a minute. This is not Cafe 1771 if we have to walk quite a bit to get into the place. Then the ground changed from the sidewalk to floor tiles and then to the sound of elevator metal. Where are we? They all started laughing and holding on to me so I wouldn't take the blindfold off. Then this happened.



Aaaw my friends are awesome! My fiance is too, since he was in on it and has been lying to me for days. I'm too trusting of my loved ones! That has to change lol. 

Late lunch at Kimono Ken. Tokyo Sunrise Roll (unagi, kani, spicy maguro), watermelon shake.

Happy after our fittings.

Aleq's usual katsudon and iced tea.

Dome with Cielo. She said she wanted coffee and I agreed because I wanted to charge my gadgets. Little did I know that she was just stalling!

In the car. I was just humoring Sheva since she said she wanted a pic of us with the blindfold on me. Grrr.

A very annoyed me being led to the elevator. Just realized I've been duped and kidnapped.

Bamboozled!

They were telling me they hired a stripper named Brando - among other things - at this point. The little liars!

Was so disoriented after the surprise I totally forgot to greet my girls haha.

With my headband in place, I started wondering if they really did hire a stripper.
They looked pretty pleased with themselves lol.

Borgy's presence cheered me up. 

Dinner time!

They prepared quite a spread - honey-roasted pichi-pichi, barbecue, spaghetti, and pancit palabok from Amber's!

Loved the decorations!

Chocolate, uh, lollies.

More chocolate, uh, stuff.

The Tanduay Mojito was so bad! It tasted like mouthwash.

More decorations on the door and my name tag stuck on the wall. They stuck one on me labelled "Madam". Grrr.

Bleah. Fake mojito.

Cheers!

Game 1 - Biggest banana bite wins.

I won LOL. Got a Toblerone bar as a prize.

Sheva, explaining the next game.

Game 2 - Girl with the most squished eggplant without breaking the skin wins.

I was the judge. I took it very seriously!

Clang won!

Intermission. Gift-giving time! Verns was first.

Lek: "What is the garter for?" Somebody: "The headband for the baby." LMAO.

Jaja was next.

Black, red, and lace was popular, hah!

I was really curious about what innocent Cielo would give me.

She gave me whipped cream! I couldn't believe it. Improving! Haha.

Sheva's turn.

Honey? Whuuut! :O

She had another gift!

It made everyone giggle!

Naughty dice!

Back to the games. Game 3 - Pin the You-Know-What on the Borgy! I felt squeamish going off to face Mr. Manotoc haha.

Lek

Clang

Verns

Cielo

Hazel tried to feel her way with her foot! It wasn't effective, heh.

Jaja

Hilda made a wrong turn but found her way back.


Sheva was giving everyone the wrong directions, so when it was finally her turn, we had our revenge! She tried Hazel's foot technique, but ended up at the door haha. Then we moved Borgy around until she got complete confused!

But what do you know, Sheva still won despite our best efforts to mess with her game! Haha. Now that's an expert. LOL.

Game 4 - Chewing an entire pack of Doublemint Gum and producing a solid bubble!

I think this was what caused my emergency root canal yesterday! LOL.


Sheva won!

Then came the worst part - they forced me to sit down with the blindfold on again and told me that the stripper named Brando was coming up. I thought they were kidding.

 
Aleq was in cahoots with them the entire time! They made me touch icky-feeling body parts that they put lotion on, threw stuff that felt like boxers on my lap, and made Aleq poke me on the arms and legs. I was SO MAD! I was thinking, really, they're letting a stripper touch me? I was screaming so much! Some friends! I was severely traumatized hahaha. 

I was so relieved to find my fiance - and not yucky Brando - when they finally let me take the blindfold off!

Game 5 after Aleq aka Brando left - Never Have I Ever!

Crazy game! Not saying anything about it. What happened in Room Whatever (nobody ever told me the room number haha) stays in Room Whatever. There was also another game, which we will also keep secret until the end of time, heh.

The untouched Silver The Bar. Wanted to try it too, but the awful Tanduay Mojito, Strawberry Daiquiri, and Margarita made us give up before we were thoroughly drunk.

Trying the beauty queen pose in our undies haha.

Hazel gave her gift last because she accidentally left it at Starbucks when they were lurking around Shang hiding from me and had to go back for it with Aleq.

Blue with lace, of course.

Cielo, Sheva, Hazel, and I ended up staying the night. Aleq went to my apartment and brought me back some clothes, the dear boy. The girls and I had an awesome breakfast the next day at the hotel buffet, where they told me all about the details of their surprise. 

Thank you so much friends! Hazel, Cielo, Sheva, Lek, Clang, Hilda, Jaja, and Verns - you are all so awesome! I'm so lucky to have friends (and family and a fiance) like you.

5 comments:

  1. Hi what was the venue for your bridal shower? I am trying to organize one for my sister. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just saw your comment. The venue was Lancaster Hotel in Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong. Thanks for dropping by the blog!

      Delete
    2. Hi! Is this their exec. suite room? also where'd you get those penis lollies? Planning my friend's bachellorette as well. THanks :)

      Delete
    3. Ola, you should look at DejaVu Private venues, for your bachelorette events. It s in Makati and especially decorated for ladies nights :)

      Delete
  2. Hi happyZ. Sorry, I don't know the details of the room because my friends booked and paid for it. :) It had one bedroom though. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete