Thursday, April 24, 2014

Entourage Dresses by The Secret Creations by Edgar Basilan [Happy Details]

Now that we have finally posted about our happy day, it's time to talk about the details. If you've been following this blog since we got engaged, you probably noticed that though we had a ton of stories to tell, we didn't really post about the specifics. That's because we chose to keep it all to ourselves so our wedding could still have the element of surprise. Well, we can talk about everything now, yay! p.s. Please read our note about suppliers.

First, an update. Okay so we didn't make our anniversary deadline -- no surprise there. It's all right though because our wedding photo album and our videos will only be coming in at the end of the month. That's the only time we can talk about our photographer and videographer because that will be the end of our experience with them. The good news is that this blog will remain active until then!

Today's post will be about our entourage dresses. Our dressmaker was Edgar Basilan of The Secret Creations. He has been making gowns for my sister-in-law for a long time, so he was highly recommended and trusted. I wrote about it a lot already in this blog so there really isn't much to write. [For our booking story, fabric swatches, dress sketches, dress pegs, etc. please see these posts: Dressmaker - Check!, A Day with My Girls, A Day with My Matron of Honor, Bridesmaids Day.]

Kuya Ed was tasked to make our bridesmaid and flower girl dresses, as well as the gowns for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. He also ended up making a couple of dark blue gowns for two of our principal sponsors, but those were done separately. That's a lot of dresses!

My main peg for my reception dress and entourage dresses was this Tibi dress. The bright orange and color-block design appealed to me, so I wanted something that looked like it, but isn't exactly it. Kuya Ed had to design different necklines for me and all my bridesmaids, as well as design the flower girl and junior bridesmaid dresses based on that design. I made my bridesmaids choose the design they wanted, and Kuya Ed adjusted the designs to fit their body type. The fabric had to be cut into different pieces and sewn together. The dresses had different-colored linings and petticoats with uneven hems.

My bridesmaids

With the groomsmen

Up close 1

Up close 2


Given that the peg was a $675 high-fashion dress, and considering our resources and budget, we thought Kuya Ed did a great job. The dresses turned out looking super summery, which was exactly what we wanted, and each dress was unique. He also threw in matching pouch bags for free, which the girls loved because they were so roomy. 

For our junior bridesmaid and flower girl, he designed color-block dresses with poufy petticoats. The kids loved the poufy skirts and the way the dresses bounced was so cute!

 Our junior bridesmaid with our junior groomsman

Our only flower girl

My mother-in-law's dress was a long, powder blue, lace gown. It had long sleeves and a high neckline, because she wanted a Victorian sort of look. Kuya Ed had to dye white lace to match the exact color she wanted. The dress came out lovely. 

My mother-in-law, with the husband and my father-in-law

My sister-in-law's dress was a fun orange number with blue details. Kuya Ed followed what she wanted, but also with a little of his input.

 My sis-in-law on the dance floor

Kuya Ed was so nice and hardworking. His designs are very classic, so he needed a little nudge when it came to modern designs, but other than that, he was so easy to work with. He even made house calls for all of our fittings. His seamstresses also worked double-time for my bridesmaids who had to travel from out of the country. It was great working with him. Ending this post with some behing-the-scenes pics that I never posted.

The back of an unfinished bridesmaid's dress on the dress form at Kuya Ed's shop


Another dress

The front of an unfinished bridesmaid's dress on the dress form

Mom-in-law's unfinished dress

No comments:

Post a Comment