Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Day with my Matron of Honor

Last Friday was spent with my Matron of Honor. Hazel is my best friend and our friendship goes all the way back to high school. She had a prior commitment and couldn't make it to the bridesmaids' dress fitting last Sunday, so we did her fitting in advance.

She picked me up bright and early at my apartment and we hied off to Dapitan. We met up with my sis-in-law Ate Weng, and we went over to The Secret Creations for her fitting.

She asked for a lower back! Haha. Kuya Edgar obliged.

We were there about 30 minutes flat, but a ridiculously heavy downpour suddenly happened just as we were leaving. We dropped off my sis-in-law at UST Grad School and then went on our way. We got to Espana and it was flooded like hell after only just 15 minutes of rain! We spent an hour there because traffic was slow-going and we just couldn't get to Welcome Rotonda no matter how hard we tried. We were worried that her car was going to stall the entire time! Thankfully some people on the street gave us directions to an alternative route and the rain had stopped by the time we got to E. Rodriguez. Then we encountered more traffic around Greenhills. We ended up having an adventure on the road for about two and a half hours! 

Really heavy downpour at UST

Wow UST solid ka talaga sa baha. Ang bilis lang, grabe na tubig agad kanina.

Hazel and I held our breaths every time we went through a flooded area! 

We were so relieved when we finally got to Shangrila Mall. We haven't had lunch and it was 3:30pm so we zoomed off to Pepper Lunch! I couldn't believe it when I learned that Hazel never tried it before. It was fun seeing her try the food for the first time, and I'm glad she liked it.

Pepper Lunch's warm interiors seemed so comforting after being outside in the rain.

We both got salmon pepper rice.

Hazel, cooking.

Cooked and sauced up.

We shared a cup of kuromitsu soft ice cream too.

Us

We went around the shops for a bit, but mostly we just spent the time catching up on everything. We rarely see each other, living in almost opposite ends of the city so there was a lot to talk about. We ended the day with coffee and cake at Dome. 

My cafe mocha which was seriously good - dunno why I never tried it before. We also shared a slice of devil's food cake.

Her Oreo coffee thing.

Tired, but smiling. All in all, a wonderfully fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment