Friday, March 28, 2014

The Groom's Suit by Edwin Uy [Happy Details]

Now that we have finally posted about our happy day, it's time to talk about the details. If you've been following this blog since we got engaged, you probably noticed that though we had a ton of stories to tell, we didn't really post about the specifics. That's because we chose to keep it all to ourselves so our wedding could still have the element of surprise. Well, we can talk about everything now, yay! p.s. Please read our note about suppliers.

Hey! It's Aleq. It's my turn to write about the details, because this post is all about me, the groom. It's been a while, so let's get it on.

The suit I wore to our wedding wasn't initially what I had in mind. At first, I wanted to go for a light gray suit. However, most of those who got married during the year we were making our preparations opted for the gray suit I wanted. To break the mold, I decided to go for a blue suit.

Most important suit of my life

It ended up serendipitous -- as Julls would say -- because when she was browsing through Pinterest, she found this photo. We loved the color combination, especially since blue and orange are our favorite colors. It became our color theme, and I decided on a blue suit with orange details.

A better look at the pocket square

I chose Edwin Uy to design my suit. He also designed Julls' wedding gown, and we didn't encounter an hitches with him and his team. [See Suit Designer - Check.] His assistant, Jeon Varon, was especially helpful and we worked with him from start to finish. 

One of the reasons why we chose to work with them is the five-piece groom's package. It included everything the groom needed --  the pants, the jacket, the vest, the white shirt, and the neck tie. It saved us the hassle of getting those things separately, and ensured that the pieces went well together. (Note: I did not wear the vest, which was part of the formal three-piece suit during our preparations because it was too hot. I only wore it at the ceremony and reception.) They also threw in the pocket square for free when we told them we were planning on it. It was a good deal.


In my crisp white shirt


One of the things I made sure when I had my suit made was that the color should be a subdued and serious blue, but also shouldn't border on dark blue. Since it was the summer, I wanted a lighter shade that would match with the orange necktie and pocket square I used as accent pieces.


Just blue


For the cut, I made it a point to have my suit as cut to fit as possible but with enough room for me to move. After all, the last thing I wanted was to rip a part of my jacket or worse, a section of my trousers. The end result was a suit that was snug enough to capture our modern theme but relaxed enough to give me some room to move around in. 
Full-length shot

Ready


It was a fun process, having a suit done for the wedding. I plan on having another suit for less-than-special occasions done in the future, just for my wardrobe.


With Julls


No comments:

Post a Comment