Monday, January 28, 2013

A Tiny Yet Incredible Wedding Favors Miracle

I've been having a horrible week so I retreated into my shell today because the world was too tough to handle. I was actually lying in bed doing nothing, with my heart literally and figuratively aching, when my phone rang its usual chiming BBM alert. It was Clang, one of our wedding fairies. As it turned out, she had a surprise for me and the fiance that really made me smile for the first time the entire day.

Such an awesome surprise!



Inside these paper bags are our wedding favors! Let me start from the beginning. A and I had a very specific wedding favor in mind for the longest time. It was something close to our hearts, and entwined with our relationship. It had a story behind it that we wanted to share at our wedding. It was readily available in a lot of stores but we of course waited until we only had a few months to go because the favors weren't really on top of our priorities. So this January, we contacted our coordinator Camille to see if she would know a supplier that sold the item wholesale. Part of our deal was that we could consult with her and her coordination company (The Best-Case Scenario Events) any time, which is a wonderful thing and was also the reason why we asked her. It turned out that she knew the distributor, but we were heartbroken to find out that one of the items we wanted had been discontinued, while the other item we wanted was out of stock! Imagine our disappointment when we had to deal with accepting the fact that we might have to go with something else. The supplier said we could try going to Save More because they might still have the stuff but we don't really have a Save More near us. We've seen a lot of Save Mores, but they were in really random out-of-the-way places, like in the middle of Greenhills and QC or along EDSA in freaking Cubao. So we planned to set a date to find Save Mores sometime soon because we weren't giving up.

In the meantime, A and I have been checking other supermarkets, groceries, and convenience stores in our home and work areas - Pioneer Center, SM Supermarket, Rustan's, 7-Eleven, Ministop, etc. but no dice. We saw new varieties of the product too, which the supplier told us through our coordinator would replace the stuff we were looking for, so we started to think it was really a lost cause. So we told our wedding fairies Lek and Clang, and asked them to check other stores in their area just in case. What do you know, Clang actually found everything - the discontinued one and the out of stock one! She said she thought of checking a Save More in the Ortigas area methinks earlier, but on the way there she remembered that there was a grocery - Pure Gold - at the basement of St. Francis Square. She thought she'd just do a quick check, but she wound up finding it all! She BBMed me a pic of the items on the grocery shelves, I texted A really quickly, and she bought 400 pieces of items for us then and there. She delivered (more like lugged) our wedding favors straight to my apartment this evening too!

I was so thrilled I forgot my troubles for a little while. Who would've thunk that she would actually end up buying them at that store, I mean who goes there? Clang said we all thought we would have to search far and wide for our favors but it was handed to us just like that. It was truly a tiny yet incredible miracle. It reminded me that despite life's challenges, I still have much to be thankful for. Thank you so much Clang! A and I are truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment