Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This and That

Everyday Aleq and I try to do something for the wedding, whether it's just to discuss an idea or go over the budget. We have work and bills and other things to think about, and we know we have so many months ahead of us, but we don't want to waste a single minute being unproductive. Time flies by so fast and we don't want to be left cramming. Here are a few things worth documenting wedding-wise as of late.


This is the Our Happy Day Google doc. It's an Excel file that my friend Geli sent to me that has been incredibly helpful to us. It's the one she and her fiance Pat are using, and she actually customized it for me and Aleq, which we thought was very sweet. It has tabs for the timeline, to-dos, guest list, sponsors, suppliers, on-going expenses, and a budget checklist! How cool is that? I am currently tweaking it further to indulge my obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

I recently dug out my keepsakes from the most recent weddings I attended. I made sure to keep things like invitations, photobooth pictures, thank you cards, and misalettes to serve as references for my own wedding. Seeing these actually helped me figure out what I wanted. 

Aleq's mom, Tita Inty, also known as my future mother-in-law, has started helping us find suppliers. I was pretty touched when she handed us a clear folder containing printed e-mails with quotes from the hotels around UST for the reception. Aleq and I are open to taking advice from everybody. Though we have a clear vision of what we want, fresh points of view are always helpful, and we are grateful for any kind of help because planning a wedding is such a challenging task.

My cousin Lek - one of our bridesmaids - slept over last night. We discussed my plans and ideas at length. This is the Yes mag she brought me just so I could see the details on a celebrity wedding. Though she knows I would never pattern my own wedding after that of a celebrity's, she thought it might help in some way. Aw.
  
Lastly, this is the stack of fliers, rate sheets, and brochures that Aleq and I collected at the Before I Do bridal expo. This is what's great about wedding fairs. Looking for suppliers online takes so much time - it's easier to just go to an expo and get handed all these services to consider. We need to go over all these services and prices to find suppliers that fit both our budget and our vision. Good luck to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment